Thursday 13 September 2012

Teaccching ....


So i have been teaching now in my school no 42 it holds 6,500 students. Started on the 1st of September  at saturday which sucked so basically been teaching for 2 weeks now  (times flies), its going well  enjoying it so much. I teach 16 different classes so i get to use the same lesson plan for each which makes things easier.  I have 4 lessons a day and bonus i have fridays off which is incredible .I start at 10.25 finish at 4.10 with a 3 hour lunch break its crazy and the lessons are only 40minutes long. I teach the same year which is junior 2 which i think is aged between 12-14 although some of them look ten years old and some look like their 17 its crazy . They have really weird uniforms they wear a purple tracksuit even though the warm is really hot over hear however , it has started to cool down now , which i appreciate . The kids are great very responsive and love listening to you speak , i mean i have a few classes that are too noisy but what do you expect . I have already picked a favourite class, number 8 , they are just amazing so bright and so willing to get up and participate i struggle to find things for them to all answer they all always have their hands up its so satisfying. 

I am starting to realise that i am in China i know this sounds weird but i kinda felt like i was on holiday its starting to set in that i am missing out on things as today is my little sister 18th , and i am gutted i am missing out on this important birthday i will make it up to her though when i get back . I have missed home a few times but still loving the city don't get me wrong. I have had a tough day today the kids were extra noisy and were difficult to control. Also there are 2 American teacher at our school George and Michael . George is 57 and is interesting but seems to talk a lot about himself ,Michael, 24, on the other hand (excuse my French mum) is a dickhead , he is so rude and really annoys me i cant stand him he is not embracing the culture at all and just expects everything to be westernised and if you know me the one thing i hate so much is rudeness so i avoid him like the plague . He threatened to leave the other day as he couldn't handle his junior two class in the end he dropped them and now i have had to pick up his mess and have to teach at 7.35 in the morning on wednesday and then 5.35 on thursday evening which isn't the best but i get paid an extra 100RMB a week which is only £10 but money goes a long way here, the thing that tipped me off that he was very rude to me about it didn't thank me and appreciate me doing his dirty work put me in a fool mood!! But thankful the end of the day picked up as we have meet another guy in our city at a different school he cooked tonight for us which was delicious and we meet some more Americans who were soooooo nice and are going to show us more places to go out and help us get extra work which is awesome =D.

Food over here is doing me well i have lost nearly a stone since i have been here i think it is the combo of chopsticks, less food and running so very happy . We still eat out and have started having street food which is dirt cheap like 30p for lunch amazing it so tasty loving it. We also have a chinese come dine with me where we cook for another each night its amazing so nice not cooking and nice tasting each others food and the effort each of us goes too. I have made an attempt of Sunday dinner which was ok then spag bol yesterday which i admit was AMAZINNNNGGG  proper taste of home was yummmmmmy.

Also big news i bought a bike 140RMB £14 its cool tres vintage i love it , it has a basket and everything so i can ride to the supermarket , i need to go on a proper tour around the city and being on a bike i will cover more ground so i am excited to get my bike on =) but i only bought my bike the other day so me and dave a fellow teacher have been exploring the city at night i love it there is so much going on couples dancing ti chi its so good the sense of community is amazing wish we had more in the U.K.


View of the sunsent at night sooooo pretty

Jen , me and Sophieon our street

another night image

me around the fruit and veg market loving life

sophie and me at a a follow teachers meal a Japanese lady it was amazing so brought a cool cake and we ate well as she ordered it was awesome



outside of my flat , doesnt look the best but trust me this is what most of the flats look like its nice inside and i feel very safe =)

my chinese sunday dinner

a truck loads of chilli's 

night out me with barry our chinese volunteer at our school

james getting his dance on

barry me and barry friend

me and barry's friend getting our dance on wooooo

tongues out

best fruit ever glazed in sugar soooo tasty and yummy and its like 20p for a sick the orange is the best

me eating NOM NOM NOM , kids with their ugly uniforms

my bike =)

my lovely little basket holds quite a lot


views in the park from today , so beautiful 

very happy with this pic

lovely sunset on the lake i run round


No comments:

Post a Comment