Wednesday 5 September 2012

Nights out and the Zoo yippee

so we were really lucky and where given a week off before we started teaching to enable us to get a feel for shijiazhuang, during this week we explored our area discovering the shops, set up a bank account making things more real that we are actually living here . we also experienced the night life , we went out for the first time on a saturday we had to travel to the main area we had a bit of trouble as our taxi driver took us a very long way in comparison to the boys we had to exchange our phones with the taxi drivers to find where we were . unfortunately the club/bar we planned to go was shut down luckily there was one next door that was open so we made the obvious decision to go inside , within the first 20 seconds my bum was spanked by a chinese man, so no different to english clubs , we were unsure of what to do as all the tables were occupied we eventually found a space and ordered beers it was more expensive than we were use to £15 for a round so we were worried we weren't going to get drunk, but that suddenly changed we started dancing and then made friends with a group of chinese people who just gave us their drinks they would cheers you then you would have to down your drink it was mental as there would by 7 of them and only 1 one you so you were constantly drinking , this happened for the rest of the night its was amazing everytime i went to the loo the chinese ladies would come up to you and tell how beautiful you are they all wanted your number it was crazy , i found this light and was dancing like a crazy lady around like my usual drunk self and the went mad for it it was so much fun. Dave and I stopped off  at KFC on the way home as we were the last standing out of group to my amusement dave was sick in the sink of KFC and ended up blocking it , was the funniest thing EVER. 

the other night went went out was mid week , we went to the same place to be safe it was amazing again we meet a friend from saturday night before who hooked us up with free drinks from the bar , i hit the drinks too hard and kept cheersing people so i had to down a lot of my drinks , i was very merry and made a lot of friends that night i ended up getting on the stage where there was a dance show and ended up putting ice down people tops it was hilarious . when i was eventually taken home , i ended up being sick out of the taxi and proceeded to hug the toilet for most of the night , the next day was painful i spent most of the day in bed dying =). 

we also went to the zoo , this was my idea as i had looked this up before we came , i was tres excited and the bonus i got in for a child at the zoo so it was only 20 yuan - £2 which was great .  the zoo was lots of fun. to my disappointment the zoo wasnt in the best quality which made me a bit sad that the animals werent well look after the amazing thing was being able to feed the giraffes. 

we also went to the main part of town , downtown we went shopping which was  ridiculous there were so many shops , it was nice to explore a different part of town, we went to a nice korean restaurant for lunch it was a nice day out =). i am still loving the town i am in always discovering new and interesting activities .



me and sophie 
me and james drinking with some friends we had made

robert (black guy) a friend we made who hooked us up with free drinks me dave and james

cheeky pose

going downtown

the train station

all of use at the korean restaurant 

thought this sign was funny no smiling

dave sophie and james before mess began

me and a chinese friend i made

james , me sophie dave and a crazy chinese dude who had a dance off with james

jen sophie and me =)

and agen

some chinese ladies i met in the toilet 

some more people i made friends with at the end of the night

at the zoo =)

cutest monkey EVER

ATTACK OF THE GIANT PANDAS argghh

me feeding the giraffes 

james feeding them , look how long there tongues are

sophie james dave and jen looking at the crocodiles 

me dave james and jen in this massive wooden boat

got my pulling face on at the zoo

james robert jen dave me and a friend that jen made

me and dave =)

me and robert

jen's friend me and jen , this man was in love with jen was so funny he was trying it on with her all night

me and a chinese girl i made good friends with that night so was so nice and welcoming

me downtown having a cheeky sit down 

No comments:

Post a Comment